Terran & Kate

Terran & Kate

Monday, August 26, 2013

Eva Kate's Birth Story

I know I am a little behind but I am finally getting time to get baby girls birth story up. I have totally slacked off on blogging since around 22 weeks. Sorry everyone I will try and make it more a priority now that Eva is here. So here it goes!

On Thursday Aug. 1st I was back at work after so many weeks on bed rest, I woke up feeling groggy, having period like cramps, and just exhausted. I didn't think much of it and headed to work. A little while into my shift I was having awful back pains ( yucky back labor ). I put a smile on anyway and kept working through it. After some time I decided I should try and time them that it might be a smart thing. Well I was to busy at work to try and time them myself while pretending I could talk to members while helping them through my contractions. So I never ended up timing them, and after I got pretty uncomfortable I went and told my manager how I was feeling and she immediately sent me home even though I insisted on staying and finishing the last hour and a half of my shift. She won and I went home. I knew these contractions had felt so much different than anything I had felt before.
As soon as I went home everything slowed down and the contractions were not consistent at all, some were 14 minutes some were 25 minutes and some were only 4 minutes apart and so I decided just to take a relaxing shower and get all prettied up since my husband was on his way home and I hadn't seen him in forever. Terran got home around 6ish and my aunt and uncle stopped by and we visited for about and hour. My contractions were finally consistent and only 8 minutes apart. After they left we were going to grab food and head to Vegas if they got closer.... only a minute into the car ride the contractions jumped to 4 minutes apart so we made our way down. Once we hit Moapa we pulled over because my contractions had slowed down to 12 minutes apart and I was so upset I said turn around I am not driving to Vegas to be sent home once again for false labor.  
When we arrived home Terran, my mom, and Lexi all hopped in showers after a long day, and I hung out down stairs. Not even 45 minutes later I went in to Terran and said I think this is the real thing, I went to the bathroom and there was my mucous plug and almost instantly my contractions became extremely intense and only 1.5 minutes apart. Off to Vegas we went!! 
Once we got to the hospital it felt like the longest walk up to labor and delivery, when we made it up there the nurses were in no hurry to get me in a room and I wanted to strangle someone lol. My nurse hooked me up and ensured me I most likely would not be here long and acted like I was such an inconvience to her. Finally she came in to check me and what do you know I had progressed to a 3 after being stuck at a 1 for almost a month. She still acted like I was going to be headed home soon and said she would call my doc and see what he wants. I stood up and spent that part of my labor in the most comfortable positions I could find. I thought I was going to throw up the whole time and stood over a trash can rocking back and forth and focused really hard on completely relaxing my lower body. I progressed to a 5 in about an hour and boy once I hit active labor my back labor got extremely intense. I decided then to get the epidural, mostly because I was already so tired since it was the middle of the night and I wanted to go to sleep more than anything. 
Boy was the epidural just amazing! Everything from that point on seemed so surreal. It was so easy and completely opposite from what I expected. The next time the nurse came in my water had broke on its own and I was at a 7! It was so close to her being here I was so anxious. I did have extreme nauseousness through all my labor and it was not getting any better. My doctor came in for a visit to see how I was doing right around 7:00 in the morning and had the nurse checked me again... I hadn't progressed any, and my doctor was really mad because the nurse never gave me pitocin like he had instructed 4 hours earlier... boy did that make me mad, and thankfully it was time for nightshift to be done and I got a new nurse. She immediately gave me my pitocin and nauseous medicine, what a life saver why hadnt the nurse before given it to me when I told her over and over again I was so sick. I had even thrown up! haha Oh well anyway it didnt take long after that for baby girl to crown. They rushed my doc out of surgery to get him there in time. The nurse had me start pushing when he said he was almost to the hospital! well after 3 sets of pushing she told me oh no you have to stop the doc isn't here yet! That was the worst part of waiting I wanted to push! This time while waiting for my doctor seemes even more surreal than before. This was really happening, we were so close to having Eva in our arms. Terran and I just sat and talked while waiting for my doc. Then when my doc finally ran in and was throwing on his gown and gear and the nurse says alright push! Almost immediately she told me to stop pushing his gloves are not on yet  I dont want to deliver this baby. Finally I could push and it only took 2 more sets and baby girl was here!!!





Terran was such an awesome coach, him comforting me made it so much easier for me to relax. I am extremely grateful he was there!







after the epidural!



Time to push! He was even better at coaching here! Im sure he was anxious for her to be here.




She was finally here! My first time holding my baby Eva Kate!





7 pounds 2 ounces and 19.5 inches long
August 2, 2013
10:10am









I am more than grateful for being blessed with such a beautiful baby girl and a beautiful family. I cannot thank my heavenly father enough for such a wonderful blessing! I love being a mother it is truly the greatest gift, and I enjoy watching my husband be the wonderful father I always new he would be! Thanks baby for giving me a beautiful baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment