Terran & Kate

Terran & Kate

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Baby Leavitt:)

So our last doctors appointment was at 10 weeks 2 days and baby Leavitt looked healthy:) he or she was moving its arms but put them down right as the doc went to take the picture. Baby is still measuring a few days ahead, but nothing wrong with a possible chubby baby right? Here is a new picture of the little one! the doc aslo said he is going to try and guess the gender of the baby next time we come in:) we cannot wait!! The baby is about the size of a prune in this picture. Now that I am 12 weeks along the baby is about the size of a large plum! Our little babe is growing so fast!
 

 
 
As far as how I feel, well not much has changed. I lost all the pregnancy weight I had gained because I could hardly eat anything. I basically have been forcing myself to eat. If anyone knows me this is completely the opposite of how I normally am. I love my food and I cannot say the same right now. I quickly got over my cravings for potatoes. Pizza still sticks around but macaroni and cheese is my new found love in this prgnancy! I want it all day every day. I hate how unhealthy I eat but honestly I have hit the point that eating something is better than nothing. I struggled the first few weeks with this unhealthy run I was on because I normally love my fruits and vegetables and would prefer to eat healthy food. I thought I was doing a horrible job as a soon to be mom, but most people convinced me that it is almost impossible to eat healthy for most pregnant women in the first trimester. I just hope I am doing this right for my little one! I am exhausted all the time but the morning sickness is starting to wear off thankfully. All I do is sleep if I am not working, I'm not complaining about that part though;) My back injury has become an issue already but I didn't expect anything different. The doctor that examined my back warned me of this way back when and it was the initial reason I quit softball. So I wouldn't make pregnancy any harder than it was already going to be.
My baby belly is starting to show a little more every week. I definitely do not know how to feel about it yet. I had to buy new pants and a few new shirts so I could wear clothes comfortably but I am definitely not to maternity clothes yet. All I know about this pregnancy for sure is I would never survive without my husband!!!!!! Like seriously though! He is always there when I need a helping hand, he has taken care of me while I have been so sick, he doesn't let me lift a finger, he tells me I am beautiful every day ( not that he never did before but it seems to mean a whole lot more to you when your pregnant and feel crummy), I just am so grateful for all he has done for me and this baby. Words will never explain how much I love Terran. He is going to be such a good father, I look forward to the day I first get to see him hold our little baby.
 
 
So here is a picture at 12 weeks, it really doesn't do justice to my tummy but I didn't have the best outfit with me to take the picture so it will do.


 
 
A little update on our whole family is that Terran has started the spring semester finally, and boy is he in for a tough one, but I just know he is going to excelle in his classes though. He is taking his Intermediate EMT course which is 9 credits alone, along with his fire fighter I course and BLM fire course. A position at the Elko Fire Department opened up and is hiring. Terran took advantage of this opportunity and applied for the position. This position would be a huge blessing to our  growing little family and we are praying that it will come to us. Terran has also applied for many BLM fir jobs throughout Nevada, Idaho, Utah, and a small portion of Arizona. That is our second choice for a job after this semester for him, and if those two do not come to us then we will also apply for Terran to be a full time EMT here in Las Vegas. We have options and we know the Lord will bless us with what he feels is best for our family. I will start my bachelors program at Western Governors University hopefully the beginning of March to get my degree for teaching in biological sciences for grades 5-12. I am so excited for this to start because it feels so weird that I am not in school right now. The two of us are excited for the new adventures that may lie ahead for us in the near future. We are definitely grateful for what has been given to us so far and everything has been such a blessing, we definitely have felt the Lord's hand in our lives.

3 comments:

  1. I was pretty sick/had problems like my whole pregnancy! The only thing I ate during the first trimester was McD's french fries and sprite. That was the only thing I could keep down. I felt so bad for Kyle because I didn't make dinner for a few months. Everything just made me gag. But I went through phases where I only ate potatoes (I heard every woman craves potatoes?), then Mac & Cheese and Pizza. But the pizza gave me mad heartburn. Just don't eat something/somewhere you love..I did that when I was feeling good, now I can't eat there ever again :( So happy for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhmygoodness your little belly is so small and cute! I LOVE IT! I remember I thought my stomach was so big at 12 weeks... and now here I am at 26 and its massive. hahaha. So excited for you girl:) Wish we lived two minutes away from each other like old times! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just the CUTEST! :) so jealous!

    ReplyDelete